It is with great pleasure and pride that we announce the 15th International Workshop on Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia and other rare endocrine tumors “WorldMEN 2016” to take place in Utrecht, the Netherlands on September 29 – October 1, 2016.
This meeting brings together the worlds experts who are investigating the clinical and scientific aspects of rare endocrine tumor syndromes. For the first time both patients and dedicated nurses will actively participate in the meeting.
- Prof. R. Thakker, May Professor of Medicine at the University of Oxford
giving a lecture on MEN1
- Prof. K. Pacak, NIH Clinical Center, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
giving a lecture on pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma
- Prof. M. Brandi, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
giving a lecture on primary hyperparathyroidism
- Prof. C. Stratakis, NIH Clinical Center, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
giving a lecture on research in genetic pituitary tumors
- Prof. A. Beckers, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liège, Liège, Belgium
giving a lecture on the clinical aspects of pituitary tumors
- Prof. I. Modlin, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States
giving a lecture on multianalyte analysis of circulating gene transcripts
- Prof. N. Perrier, endocrine surgeon at the University of Texas Anderson Cancer Center, Houston Texas, United States
giving a lecture on MTC: surgical strategies
- Dr. C. Sturgeon, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois, USA
giving a lecture on Quality of Life
We look forward to welcoming you in Utrecht!
Gerlof Valk (chair), University Medical Center Utrecht
Carla Pieterman (co-chair), Chair of the Dutch MEN patient advocacy group
Menno Vriens (co-chair), University Medical Center Utrecht